Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cloud brooch

Here is a quick tutorial for you ^.^

Step 1: you will need batting (stuffing), felt (two thin layers), a brooch pin, a felting needle and glue (preferably a glue gun)
Step 2: Place a ball of batting on your white felt and start poking it with your felting needle - seriously that is all. (I used a 36 gauge triangle needle (I think its the most common one). If you want more detailed info on needle felting here is a link :) 
I placed it on a yellow sponge so that I didn't poke a hole in anything (in other words - me)
Step 3: keep attaching batting and poking it until you have the cloud shape that you want.
Step 4: Glue the brooch pin onto the back of your second piece of felt cloud.
Step 5: Glue the white cloud and the blue brooch pin cloud together
Step 6: TA DA!!

Let me know if you have any questions and HAVE FUN!!
^.^ 


Psalm 78:14 
In the daytime also He led them with a cloud and all the night with a light of fire.

3 comments:

WHW Katelyn said...

Questions!
1. Did you buy your felting needle in Korea.
2. Do you know of a place that sells raw materials to felt?
3. Is it really crazy expensive?

Gabi said...

@Katelyn: 1: I didn't but you can buy them here.
2: yes I do - Have you ever heard of Dongdaemun market in Seoul? There is a 5 or 6 floor building that sells fabric and everything related to fabric (just outside of exit 9 at the Dongdaemun stop (NOT dongdaemun station, just Dongdaemun. It has everything you need for felting. And its not crazy expensive :)

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

AWW! That's so cute. I would love to link to your brooch if you didn't mind.