Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday Inspirations

I love blog land but I need to get something off my chest today; why do people link to a link that links to a link that links to another link.  A link to a link is fine - but sometimes the trail gets so long that you get lost.

Take this cute robot for instance.
 I found her on Pinterest - and under her it said DIY robot. I clicked on the link, it took me to a blog and after scrolling through 10 pages I found the picture. It linked me back to Pinterest which linked me to someone else's blog that apologized for not knowing where the original picture came from... So sadly this poor Robot has been left wandering the world wide web alone. If you find her home please let me know - I would love to link you to it ;)
(I'm adding this about 2 weeks later - BUT I FOUND THE CREATOR!!!!) Here is her etsy link: Little brown byrd creations

And without further moaning from my side, here are some inspirations for today: :)


1. A little lamb pillow tutorial from the Purl bee.
2. A DIY paper mobile from Lait fraise  (Google chrome gave me a translate option - if you have it use it :)
3. A felt flower pillow tutorial from Twinkle and Twine.
4. And my favourite one for the day: A stamp carving tutorial (with all the right tools) from Ishtar Olivera

I hope you have a wonderful Monday!

^.^

3 comments:

Loulou said...

Lol ... And I too wanted to see the original source of that cute little robot! Makes me feel a bit sorry for the person who made her, as nobody can tell her/him how darling it is!

Loulou @ Loulou Downtown

Unknown said...

THANK YOU! I hate when things aren't linked properly. Glad that Google lets you search by image, that's how I found your blog that lead me to the Etsy seller! *whew*

:)

Anonymous said...

I know you wrote some of these blogs AGES ago, but I just found them and have fallen in LOVE!! I just bought fabric to make a changing mat for my first project. I'm SO excited!!! I wanted to say that I absolutely adore your bags with a piece of your heart on them (Africa). My heart has been over in Africa for 1/2 of my life. I had a slight change of priorities when I became a single mother 1.5 years ago, but it's always on my heart to go there and do missions work!

Also, I was wondering (being VERY new to sewing/crafting) where did you get those little tags that are ADORABLE?? I love them, especially the ones that say "life is beautiful" or little pictures!! I make/knit little gifts for a ton of my friends and their children and would love to put a few things like that on them every once in a while. :)

--Laura Beth